Revision of rates of damages for unauthorised occupation of General Pool Residential Accommodation in metropolitan cities of India.
Government of India
(Directorate of Estates)
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi-110 108
4th June 2013
Subject: Revision of rates of damages for unauthorised occupation of General Pool Residential Accommodation in metropolitan cities of India.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Directorate’ O.M of even number dated 6th December 2012 notifying the revised rates of damages to he chargeable from unauthorized occupants of General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA) from 1st January 2013. The revised rates were different for Central and Non-Central localities as well as for higher and lower types at the same station. It was also noticed that for some categories, the revised rates were very high, in some cases, even more than the basic pay of the eligible officers. The rates revised vide above said OM have been reviewed on receipt of feed-back from the allottees and it is felt that the concept of Central/Non-Central area at the same station is discriminatory and should be done away with.
2. In view of above, it has been decided to revise the rates of damages notified vide OM dated 6th December 2012 as per Annexure at a uniform rate of 55 times of normal rate of licence fee in respect of Type-VII and Type-VIII, 50 times of the normal rate of licence fee in respect of Type-IV(Spl) to Type-V1 and 40 times of the normal rate of licence fee in respect of Type-I to Type-IV categories of accommodation irrespective of the Central/Non-Central /area in all metropolitan cities except Mumbai for which separate rates have been given in the Annexure.
3. The revised rates being notified vide this OM shall be effective from 1st January 2013 and will be valid till 31.3.2014 or till further orders. The rates of damages will automatically get revised as and when the rate of normal licence fee under FR 45-A is revised. In cases, where higher rates have been charged between 1st January 2013 till notification of new rates, the same may be adjusted/refunded.
4. In respect of other departmental pools of accommodation in Delhi/other stations, the rates of damages prescribed for GPRA shall be adopted by such other Ministries/Departments. Similar rates of damages are to be worked out by the CPWD for other stations wherever GPRA is available and the rates so worked out are to be adopted for recovery of damages in respect of GPRA as well as departmental pool of accommodation at these stations. Where there is no GPRA, the concerned Ministry/Department have to get suitable unit rate worked out by the CPWD/local PWD.
5. This issues w ith the concurrence of Integrated Finance Wing of the Ministry of Urban Development under its Diary No. 169/US(D.1V)/FD/13 dated 31.05.2013.
6. This supersedes this Directorate’s OM of even number dated 6th December 2012.
Deputy Director of Estates(Policy)
Annexure to Directorate of Estates OM No.18011/2/2006-Po1.III dated 4th June 2013
(i) Rates of Damages for Type-I to Type-VIII of GPRA and Hostel accommodation
|Metropolitan City||Type of Accommodation||Damages Rates applicable
prior to 1.1.2013
(Notified vide this
Directorate’s OM No.18011/2/2002-
Pol.III dated 25/11/2004)
(Per sq meter per month)
|Revised Rates w.e.f. 1/1/2013
(In multiples of licence fee)
|Delhi||i) Type-I to Type-IV||Rs.175||40 Times|
|ii) Type-IV(Spl.) to Type-VI and above and Hostel||Rs 255||50 Times|
|iii) Type-VII and Type-VIII||Rs.255||55 Times|
|Kolkata||i) Type-I to Type-IV||Rs.125||40 Times|
|ii) Type-V and above and Hostel||Rs.185||50 Times|
|Chennai||i) Type-I to Type-IV||Rs.140||40 Times|
|ii) Type-V and above and Hostel||Rs.165||50 Times|
|Hyderabad||i) Type-I to Type- IV||Rs.175||40 Times|
|ii) Type-V and above and Hostel||Rs.255||50 Times|
At Hyderabad Estate,
Belvedere, Pedder Road,
B.D. Road, Malabar Hill, Colaba and Prabhadevi
|i)Type-V and above and Hostel||Rs.750||120 Times|
|b) Rest of Mumbai
including Hostel at
|ii) Type I to Type V and Hostel||Rs.230||50 Times|
(ii) Rates of Damages for Servant qurters and Garages allotted independent of regular accommodation/hostel
|S. No.||Type of Accommodation||Damages Rates applicable prior to 1/1/2013 (Per sq meter per month)||Revised Rates w.e.f. 1.1.2013 (In multiples of licence fee)|
|1||Servant Quarters||Rs. 255||50 Times|
|2.||Garages||Rs. 255||50 Times|