WATERGUARD LIQUID MEMBRANE : Single Component Liquid Applied Elastomeric Waterproofing Membrane Coating
FAIRMATE has wide range of products and our products are broadly classified as Concrete Admixture, Waterproofing System, Engineering Grouts, Industrial Flooring System, Surface Treatment, Concrete Repairs, Pre-packed Concrete and Mortar, Protective Coating, Poly Sulphide Sealants, Highway Repairs, and Fire Protection systems.
FAIRMATE has introduced an innovative solution in its Waterproofing range called WATERGUARD LIQUID MEMBRANE which is suitable for a wide range of applications including wet areas, foundations, basements, terraces, retaining walls, bridge abutments, planters, inverted roofs and remedial repairs to felt, asphalt, concrete, fibreous cement or other roof structures.
Being a water-based and environment-friendly material, it enables good adhesion even when the surface is moist. It provides elasticity, ensuring a permanently flexible barrier over a wide range of temperatures. As it is a cold applied material, hence does not require heating or thinning. It has outstanding resistance to oxidation UV Light & brittlement and provides a seamless insulation layer. Moreover, no special skilled person is required for its application.
- Useful as protective coating on concrete and brick foundations, retaining walls, timber, metals, etc.
- Provides a sandwich membrane in new construction and surface treatment on existing slabs.
- Provides a key for plaster on difficult surfaces.
- For waterproofing and protection of structure, concrete, columns, and beams.
- Used for the external insulation of foundations, underground constructions, and basements etc.
- Used for insulating water leakages in closed damp environments such as bathrooms, kitchens, and toilets, etc.
Form : One component
Specific Gravity : 1.1
Tensile Strength : 2.5 N/mm2
Elongation at Break : 900%
Cure time : 24 hours approx.
Crack bridging : Up to 2mm
Application Instructions :
Priming : Priming is required only on bad substrates.
Cracks : All shrinkage and non- structural cracks must be treated with not less than 1.5mm coating of WATERGUARD LIQUID MEMBRANE extending 75mm either side of the crack. Allow to cure overnight prior to general application.
Application : The membrane should be applied directly by brush to obtain a continuous unbroken film. Two coats are required with the second coat applied at right angles after the first coat has cured.
WATERGUARD LIQUID MEMBRANE must be protected from mechanical damage during subsequent construc- tion or backfilling works. Any damage may be repaired by spot application. If a water flood test is to be run, the membrane should be cured for minimum 10 days. Whilst this membrane is resistant to frost, adhesion will be impaired if applied to frosted substrates. Application should be avoided if substrate temperatures are below 5ºC or rain is imminent.
Courtesy from :NBMCW April 2013
- DekoFlake Ultima Sealer For Your Floors (dekoflakekarnataka.wordpress.com)
- Why Wet-On-Wet IS Best? (kirhammond.wordpress.com)
- Waterproofing Professionals Inc. Advises Consumers to Protect their Pools with Epoxy Sealers (ireport.cnn.com)
- Green Seel Waterproofing and Anti Fracture Tile Membrane (greenseelwaterproofingfracturemembranra4.wordpress.com)
- Waterproofing Contractor Bronx Apply Different Methods For This Purpose (waterproofingcontractorbronx1.wordpress.com)