National Mazdoor Conference (NMC) submitted demand for constitution of 7th pay commission & merger of 50 percent DA into basic pay/pension.
Demands projecting by NMC chief Subash Shastri in the memorandums including
- immediate merger of 50 percent DA into basic pay/pension,
- grant of 20 percent interim relief to the salaried class across the country till the implementation of the recommendations new pay commission,
- raising income tax exemption limit to Rs five lakh, and
- enhancing the monthly wages of daily rated workers to Rs ten thousand.
In the memorandums Shastri stressed Union Finance Minister to raise the income Tax exemption limit From Rs two Lakh to Rs 5Lakh and total exemption of DA from income tax limit, the salaried class feel that this gesture will increase purchasing power and stimulate demands.
Other demands emphasized in the memorandums mentioned included granting B-1 status to Jammu and Srinagar cities.
Shastri said that the demands highlighted in the memorandums would be major issue during the forthcoming election of Lok Sabha as these pertain to crore of Central and state government, employees and pensioners and their families which constitute a large chunk of voters.
Source: Kashmir Times
- Budget 2013: 7 expectations of the salaried class (profit.ndtv.com)
- 7 tax amendments you can expect in Budget 2013 (profit.ndtv.com)