Feedback of MACP Joint Committee meeting held on 27.7.2012
Grant of MACP in the promotional hierarchy :- exactly as per our Association demand
The report prepared by the sub-committee after three rounds of discussions was reviewed at the meeting. The points that came up for discussion and the decisions taken are as under:
The Staff Side pointed out that the ACP which was in vogue till the advent of MACP had been on promotional hierarchy. In the name of improvement of the scheme, the Government cannot unilaterally change it, especially when the concerned employees do not consider it as advantageous. They suggested that the employees must be allowed to retain the ACP for the first two promotions and for the third promotion MACP can be extended. However, the Official Side said that it would not be possible to have any hybrid scheme. In fact, they added that the 6th CPC had suggested for two career progressions only and that too on grade pay hierarchy. The govt. had improved upon and therefore it was not possible for them to agree for the suggestion of the Staff Side. They also stated that the reason for bringing about grade pay hierarchy was to bring about uniformity in the scheme across the Departments as the promotional hierarchy varies from one department to another. They declined to consider the suggestion for promotional hierarchy based MACP.
The Staff Side then pointed that in the last meeting of the Committee, the Official Side taking into account the difficulties and disadvantages experienced by the employees in many departments which were presented by the Staff Side had agreed to consider department wise/cadre wise options. The Staff Side further pointed out that the suggestion of the Official Side would not go to resolve the issue. They said that option must be provide for each individual employee to choose either the ACP or MACP whichever is beneficial to him as is provided in the CCS(RP) Rules. The unilateral withdrawal of a benefit from an employee is not permissible. They also stated that the Official Side has not pointed out the difficulties in agreeing to this proposal. After some discussions, the Official Side said that they would re-examine the issue of individual option and will come up with their considered view at the next meeting of the NAC.
CPWD Engineers Association
- MACP grade pay of Rs.7600/-to be issued by end of July 2012- DG,CPWD assured to CPWDEA (cpwdeablogging.wordpress.com)
- Letter submitted to DG,CPWD after meeting with JS,MOUD regarding ACP/MACP on 22/05/2012 (cpwdeablogging.wordpress.com)
- ACP/MACP DISPUTE ..TIME TO KEEP PATIENCE AND REMOVE BAD BLOOD – P.R.CHARAN BABU, Gen Secy (cpwdeablogging.wordpress.com)
- CPWD ENGINEERS ASSOCIATION HOLDS – DAY LONG MASS DHARNA on 06.06.2012 (Wednesday) (cpwdeablogging.wordpress.com)
- CPWD Engineers Bulletin- May 2012 Posted in website. (cpwdeablogging.wordpress.com)
- Macp Joint Committee Meeting Will Be Held on 27th July 2012 (cpwdeablogging.wordpress.com)
- Hon’ble Minister ,MOUD approved ACP/MACP issue exactly as per our Association demand & sent for DOPT approval. (cpwdeablogging.wordpress.com)