GPF Interest Rate @ 8.6%wef 01.12.2011-Government of India- RESOLUTION
(PUBLISHED IN PART I SECTION 1 OF GAZETTE OF INDIA)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
(Department of Economic Affairs)
New Delhi, the 19th March, 2012
It is announced for general information that during the year 2011-2012, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 8% (Eight per cent) for the period from 1.4.2011 to 30.11.2011 and 8.6% (eight point six percent) with effect from 1.12.2011. The funds concerned are:—
1. The General Provident Fund (Central Services).
2. The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
3. The All India Services Provident Fund.
4. The State Railway Provident Fund.
5. The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
6. The Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund.
7. The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
8. The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund.
9. The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
10. The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
2. Ordered that the Resolution be published in Gazette of India.
Deputy Secretary (Budget)
The Assistant Manager,
Government of India Press,
Copy forwarded to all Ministries/Departments of Government of India, President’s Secretariat, Vice-President’s Secretariat, Prime Minister’s
Office, Lok Sabha Secretariat, Rajya Sabha Secretariat, Cabinet Secretariat, Union Public Service Commission, Supreme Court, Election Commission
and Planning Commission.
Copy also forwarded to :—
1. Comptroller & Auditor General of India and all offices under his control.
2. Chairman, Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority.
3. Controller General of Accounts (10 copies).
4. Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances and Pension (Pension Unit/All India Services Division).
5. Financial Advisers of Ministries/Departments (6 copies).
6. Chief Controllers of Accounts/Controllers of Accounts of Ministries/Departments.
7. Controller General of Defence Accounts.
8. Finance Secretaries of all State Governments and Union Territories.
9. Secretaries to Governors/Lt. Governors of all States/Union Territories.
10. Secretary Staff Side, National Council of JCM.
11. All Members, Staff Side, National Council of JCM.
Under Secretary (Budget)
Printed by Ministry of Finance (Press)-4407032012