ELASTOMERIC COATING is a flexible protective coating based on styrene – acrylic copolymer for exterior or interior use. Applied as a liquid, it cures to form a durable, protective, waterproof membrane. It is a single component emulsion containing inert pigments and has a brushable consistency. ELASTOMERIC COATING exceeds all the requirements of a coating that resists carbonation and prevents chloride ion ingress. Elastomeric Coating is designed to waterproof exterior masonry substrates.
ELASTOMERIC COATING is designed for the protection of concrete structures against carbonation and chloride ingress. The product is also suitable as a seamless and elastomeric waterproofing coating for timber, asbestos/fiber cement and zinc sheets, asphalt, built-up felt.
- Easily applied by roller, or brush
- Flexible – capable of bridging cracks
- Protective – barrier against salts and atmospheric gases
- High-build – masking imperfections in substrates
- Waterproof – protects concrete from waterborne salts
- U.V. stable – maintains its appearance
All concrete surfaces should be treated to achieve a sound, clean surface free from laitance, oil, grease, mould release agent, residual curing compound, dust or other contaminants that could impair adhesion.
All surfaces should be primed with Elastomeric Coating primer applied at a rate of 100gm/m², to eliminate excessive suction and promote adhesion. Allow the ELASTOMERIC COATING PRIMER to dry before proceeding with the top coats. Where the ELASTOMERIC COATING primer is used for chloride iron or carbonation protection then ELASTOMERIC COATING primer should be used as the priming system. It is necessary to open the concrete pores prior to the application of the ELASTOMERIC COATING primer.
Apply in one or more coats ensuring a continuous even film. The finish may be textured if desired. Successive coats should be applied at right angles to each other.
ELASTOMERIC COATING is not resistant to rain until the film has dried. This may take less than 30 minutes in hot dry climates and up to 24 hours in temperate humid conditions. Generally, the product should not be applied in rain or if rain is forecast. Similarly, ELASTOMERIC COATING will freeze in its wet state so should not be applied to frozen substrates or when the temperature is below 5°C, or is likely to fall during application.
- Garage Floor Coatings (answers.com)
- LINE-X Coating Becomes First Spray Applied Polyurea Approved for Use in Public Water Reservoirs in England and Wales (prnewswire.com)
- Silicone Pressure Sensitive Adhesive with Easy to Remove Release Liner Now Available from Stockwell Elastomerics, Inc. (prweb.com)